Sunday, April 15, 2012

To Nap, Perchance to Dream ...

It's been a busy day around Casa Mojo:

Jay mowed the front 40 and the back 40 once it looked like the rain was going to hold off, and we're hosting our couple's Bible study tonight so there was some house cleaning to do, as well.  ("Clean" is a relative term here; when measured against many of the hoarder houses we work on in our business, it is clean.  Measured against any other standards, probably not so much.  The housekeeping gene my mom had clearly has skipped a generation.)

Anyway, moving the furniture around to add a few more seats in the living room put Mojo in a real tizzy.  He is a creature of habit, and builds them one very slow step at a time.  There is one place he lays down in the living room, and if that gets altered, he is perplexed and simply cannot decide what to do.  He kept coming out to look at the room, clearly willing it to be back the way it was.  Even though his spot is really not altered, the layout of the other furniture pieces is.  There has been a great deal of pacing on his part trying to work out his options.

As you can see, the option he has gone with is one Jay suggested: to hang out on the bed with him for a bit of a nap before company comes.


He won't jump up on the bed by himself (although after watching him jump into the van at obedience school, it would seem that logistically he could do it), but he will jump off.  And even when he is sleeping up on the bed, his breathing is very quick and and he doesn't go into a deep sleep.  I'm sitting at the edge of the bed typing this, and if I so much as move my foot on the floor, his eyes pop open.  It took about 10 pictures before I could catch him with his eyes closed (or close to it) because he was constantly checking to see what I was doing.

 I suspect this will change over time, once being-on-the-bed is a good habit instead of a New Thing.

But for now, he's getting in some extra bonding time, and counting the minutes until the living room furniture is put back WHERE IT BELONGS!

2 comments:

  1. I'm fascinated with the "Hoarders" shows on TV. I guess since I'm a super organized and clutter free kind of person and I can't fathom it. What kind of business do you have?

    Loved the latest update on Mojo and how you found him on the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We conduct estate sales, and also do residential clean-outs. We often haul everything out of hoarder houses, and it's quite an experience. It's definitely the one time I come home and think my house looks clean! LOL

    ReplyDelete